Re: [BKARTS] stab binding tips

Jessie,

A stab binding is going to depend only on the flexibility of the paper
for its opening. For this reason, I doubt you will be able to get your
sketchbook to function as you desire using the paper you propose.
You'll either need to hinge each page with a more flexible material to
allow the pages to turn better, score and fold the pages in such a way
that they can turn past each other, or select a different binding
structure that will accomplish your goals more directly.

Signatures in a stab-bound book are irrelevant. Since the book block is
sewn through the side, it can be made of cut sheets with the same
results as folded signatures.

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx