From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Jessica Barrett Koenigsberg
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 10:52 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: stab binding tips

Would someone mind giving me some tips on proper stab binding =
techniques? =20
I have trouble getting my stab bound books to open easily.  Perhabs I am =
sewing the pages too tight?
I'd like to make a stab-bound sketch book--about 12x12 to take on =
vacation using good sketch/watercolor paper and I'd like it to open and =
lay flat.  Also, I'm curious how the signatures function in a stab-bound =
book--I don't know, maybe that's a silly question.
Thanks,
Jessie K.

                                   =20
     consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & =A9*
                                   =20