[BKARTS] Cuban Books lecture

PRESS RELEASE

Lecture on Cuban books

Spotlight on Cuban Books: Ediciones Vigía
Friday, April 30, 2004, 6 pm
Admission Free
300 De Haro Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
415-565-0545, www.sfcb.org

Join Linda Howe, professor of romance languages at Wake Forest University,
to see books and hear about her work with Ediciones Vigía. Ediciones Vigía
is a small publishing collective in Matanzas, Cuba, which produces unique,
homespun, artistic library editions. Made from kraft paper, simple paste,
and a variety of unusual embellishments, with photocopied text and
illustrations, Ediciones Vigía books manage to be at once funky, serious,
and visually arresting. This event was arranged after our press deadline and
is not listed in our printed class schedule.

For more information or a full press kit please contact:
Steve Woodall, Artistic Director
San Francisco Center for the Book
300 De Haro Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone:    (415) 565-0545
Fax: (415) 565-0556
Email:    steve@xxxxxxxx

The SF Center for the Book is a home for a diverse community of people to
engage in learning the art and craft of the book.  Through public programs,
exhibitions and classes, the Center promotes knowledge of the traditional
book arts and exploration of experimental book forms.