[BKARTS] Printer's hats

To Alice Simpson and all

I recently spent some time in the Children's Room of my local library
looking for books about making books to update the Resources section of
my website. I came across

The Printer by Myron Uhlberg, illustrated by Henri Sorenson, Altanta:
Peachtree Publishers, 2003
It starts: "My father was a printer. He wore a four-cornered printer's
hat." The boy's father is deaf and saves the rest of the printers when
there is a fire. It's a moving story illustrated with paintings. The
Author's Note at the end says that deaf children were usually taught to
work with their hands when his father, who was deaf, was young. It ends
with directions for making a Newspaper Printer's Hat. Thought this
might be of interest to go with your exhibit of Pressman's hats.

in good spirit
Susan

Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord
Newburyport, MA