Re: [BKARTS] repair tissue

Another good resource, besides Japanese Paper Place, BookMakers, Talas, would be Hiromi Paper. Their website is at <www.hiromipaper.com> and email <washi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> They're located in Santa Monica, CA, so for people in the western states delivery is generally cheaper and faster.

Another resource is Aiko's Art Materials Import, 3347 N. Clark, Chicago, IL, (773) 404-5600. I don't know whether they have a web-site yet. They didn't when I last checked, so I usually telephone. They stock some papers that no one else does, such as kurotani (kite paper)—a product we did not discuss here.

I have used ALL of these vendors, usually for different products, because they do not all stock the same inventory. Unfortunately, the sample sets can represent a substantial piece of money, but sometimes they will send you individual slips of the paper(s) you are interested in.

Carol
Eugene, OR
--------