[BKARTS] BocaRatoons from the Jaffe Collection

Hello Book Arts List:

The Jaffe Book Arts Collection in Boca Raton, Florida, has just released a
book of our own making that could only come from Boca Raton: "BocaRatoons"
by Ray Russotto, cartoonist for the Boca Raton News. It's the first special
edition book to come from Minerva: The Press at Wimberly. The 48-page book
contains editorial cartoons and commentary by our great local cartoonist on
topics local, national and international, all with that particularly "Boca"
viewpoint.

The book abounds with poodles, snowbirds, new money and hanging chads.
"Boca Raton, with its perceived affluence and trademark pink, is an easy
city to poke fun at," writes Mayor Steve Abrams in the foreword. "Frankly,
we are a little sensitive about it." Ray muses over the origins of South
Florida weather (essentially a pact with the devil), the demise of the
International Museum of Cartoon Art (anyone care to buy a mouse?) and the
battles over citrus canker ("Citrus trees within 1,900 feet of an infected
tree are at risk and must be destroyed. Trees 1,901 feet away are just fine.")

Whether you love Boca or despise Boca, this book is for you. We printed 150
copies on our excellent quality Xerox Phaser 7700 printer (the same
in-house printer we use for our Folio newsletter) and bound each copy by
hand in covers of Canson Mi Teintes with a full color cartoon on the front.
Each copy is numbered and we're also working on getting the edition signed
by the artist. The books sell for $15.00 each, plus a flat fee of $5.00
shipping/handling (no matter how many books you purchase), with all
proceeds benefitting the Jaffe Book Arts Support Fund. Quantities, of
course, are limited.

Checks should be made payable to "FAU Foundation," referenced "Jaffe
Support Fund." Send your orders to me at the Jaffe Collection:

        John Cutrone
        Jaffe Book Arts Collection
        Florida Atlantic University Libraries
        777 Glades Road
        PO Box 3092
        Boca Raton, FL 33431-0992

Your support for our efforts at building an educational book arts center
here at FAU is always greatly appreciated, and your purchase of
"BocaRatoons" is a fun way to help us out towards that goal. We thank you
kindly. If you have more questions about the book, feel free to ask me.
Right now, though, I'm late for my botox injection.

John

John Cutrone The Arthur and Mata Jaffe Collection Florida Atlantic University Wimberly Library Boca Raton, Florida