[BKARTS] Los Angeles Book Arts Center at UCLA This Weekend

For Immediate Release

Contact:
Lisa Deutsch
(310) 657-2616
LAGourmet@xxxxxxx

The Los Angeles Book Arts Center (LABAC) is thrilled to be sharing book art
with book lovers at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books at UCLA this
weekend.  We will be on the UCLA Campus April 24 and 25 in booth 170 in Wilson
Plaza.  Please visit us for an exciting and unique display and discussion of book
art.  More than just classes, LABAC offers an open forum to everyone interested
in book art and works of paper art.  The LABAC Booth will include:

·        An Exhibition of Artists Books
·        A Book Arts Workshop – Create your own Book
·        Information on: LABAC classes, free lectures, the book arts
community in LA and Book Art in general.
·        The Artists Book Debate – What is an Artists Book?

We invite you to join the Los Angeles Book Arts Center this weekend for a
celebration of the book as well as a beautiful and creative journey into the
world of book art.

If you would like to volunteer in our booth to share book art with the
community this weekend please let us know.

The Los Angeles Book Arts Center is a nonprofit art center dedicated to
serving as a creative, intellectual and technical resource for artists, collectors,
dealers, curators and individuals interested in the book and paper arts. The
center's mission is to help build a strong book arts community in the Los
Angeles area by offering exhibitions, lectures, classes, meetings and continuous
online discussion groups. LABAC offers a broad range of classes in the book
arts, drawing and calligraphy, paste papers and monoprints, book structures,
cases and boxes, and everything between
and beyond. For more information, call 310-657-2616, e-mail LAGourmet@xxxxxxx
or check out the LABAC web site at www.LABookArts.com.

LABAC – Promoting Book Arts in Los Angeles