[BKARTS] Stitched perfect bound book

Can someone tell me the technical name for a stitched, perfect-bound book?
I have a customer that has a sample of a 560 page book that is sewn and
perfect-bound with flexible glue to "lay-flat".  Peeling back the paper
glued to the spine, I see thread "S-ing" the length of the spine. The
seasoned estimators I know hadn't seen this before.

Perhaps more importantly: where can one get this done in a quantity of 3,000
or so?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony Kranz