[BKARTS] Multicultural Books to Make and Share

Dear Friends

       The revised edition of Multicultural Books to Make and Share is done
and available online as a .pdf at my website,
http://www.makingbooks.com. The book was originally published in 1994
by Scholastic Professional Books and has been been out of print for
several years. It's been a long process to convert the book to its
present form since I had nothing in the computer and had to work from
the original book. I also reworked the page design to accommodate
storing the book in a three-ring binder and made substantial editorial
revisions. The sixteen projects are the same but I have made changes
throughout the book to reflect improvements in the way I teach the
process and updated the Suggested Readings at the end of each chapter.
You can download a free chapter (Palm Leaf Sequence Book) and purchase
the book for $11.95 at the website. I bought myself a copy last night
and the process was painless. We have also done a design overhaul to
the entire site (except the Kids page- that's a summer project) and
I've added new material to the Resources section.
       Thanks to all for your support over the years.

in good spirit
Susan

 Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord
Newburyport, MA