good work habits and proper tools. That's why these concepts are stressed
right up front in any good manual.

p.

At 10:21 AM 4/29/2004 -0700, you wrote:
Oh, well. I live, and I learn too. Thanks Peter and Jan.

Signa
-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jan
Owen
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 8:02 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Paper Grain Direction

To demonstrate in workshops the evils of not being careful of grain direction, I once made a book with the grains wrong; the cover boards (about 10 x6") going the wrong way, endpapers against that - pasted it up, put it under weights and forgot about it for awhile. The book remains flat even after teasing it with humid and very dry conditions. Oh well. Jan Owen Bangor, Maine www.JanOwenArt.com

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>