[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[BKARTS] Glue for paper pads

Hi Janet,
It's called Padding Compound and should be available from any printers'
supply house in your area.  To work well you'll need to be able to jog up the
binding edge of the pads very evenly (there is of course a jogging machine for
this). Also, a padding press is used to tightly clamp the paper stacks together
before gluing and to hold the pads as they dry; too little pressure and the
padding compound will penetrate between the leaves rather than sitting on the edge
making tear away more difficult. Between careful hand jogging and rigging
some sort of press, perhaps with two boards and hand clamps, you should be able
to pull this off. Best, James

James Tapley
Hand Bookbinder
2077 Thirteenth Street
Sarasota, FL 34237
Tel 941 366 8248


 MDE - Innovation 2004: An International Bookbinding Design Competition
                       60,000 Euro in total prizes
              Full information at <http://www.mde2004.org/>
            E N T R Y  D E A D L I N E  -- J U N E 1, 2 0 0 4

        See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]