Re: [BKARTS] ISBN

Prepare for sticker shock. They charge $240 for 10 numbers these days,
and I think there's an additional fee the first time a press gets on
their system. I got 100 numbers back in 1979, and I don't remember it
costing anything. Now 100 numbers would cost me (with my longstanding
prefix)  $800!!!!! Did someone say freedom of the press belongs to the
people who own the presses?

Judy Kerman

>>> richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 7/1/2004 2:07:43 PM >>>
Yes .. go to isbn.org

On Jul 1, 2004, at 10:25 AM, Valerie Roybal wrote:

> Does anyone have any information on obtaining an ISBN number in the
> U.S.? Thanks!

>                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
>         Worldwide Springback Bind-O-Rama and Online Exhibition
>            Full information at <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004
>
>      Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung