Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 1 Jul 2004 to 2 Jul 2004 (#2004-178)

Does anyone have a suggestion for a black cover weight paper which doesn't
crack?
One which takes watercolor.
Arches   black takes watercolor beautifully, has a beautiful surface, but as
Barbara mentions,
it cracks in every direction when folded.

S T I L L * D A N C I N G
A L I C E
______________________
A L I C E * S I M P S O N
http://www.craftsreport.com/february03/profile.html

> Date:    Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:59:38 EDT
> From:    Barbara Harman <ArtSurvive@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: folding heavy paper
>
> In a message dated 7/2/04 4:50:48 PM, CraftBook@xxxxxxx writes:
>
> << The only way it will wrinkle or crack, is if it is folded the wrong way
> of
> the grain. >>
>
> It would be nice if this were true, however some papers have so much sizing
> in them that it isn't always the case. Among those I have had difficulties
> with
> are Stonehenge (all colors) and Arches Cover Black (though Arches Cover
> white
> and warm white fold well), both fairly heavy papers. But Ed is right
> generally, that if you are folding with the grain cracking, splitting and
> wrinkling
> are certainly minimized. Barbara Harman

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004