Re: [BKARTS] Help! Bought a Victorian Copy Press

Before Photocopying: The Art and History of Mechanical Copying 1780 - 1938 by Barbara Rhodes and William Wells Streeter.

"…The writers' exhaustive research aptly removes the mystery surrounding the origin and use of copying presses, a familiar device regularly mislabeled as a bookbinder's press. This book will stand alone as the definitive source of information on the subject of copying presses…" Mark Barbour, Director and Curator, International Printing Museum, Los Angeles, CA

Endorsement excerpt quoted from dust jacket.
Published by Oak Knoll Press & Heraldry Bindery, 1999
ISBN 1-1884718-61-2
www.williamstreeter.com