Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 30 Jun 2004 to 1 Jul 2004 (#2004-177)

On Jul 3, 2004, at 3:15 PM, Signa Houghteling wrote:

Another method would be to "guard" the pages.  ..........
 the artist had not paid attention
to grain, so the leaves had different grain direction.  The guards I
used
were of a thinner paper that provided movement as the pages were
turned.  It
seemed to overcome the grain differences.
******************************

I second the recommendation to "Guard" the pages.
In some situations, depending on size of sheet and thickness of paper,
you might even want to use a thin cotton muslin. We use an unbleached
cotton muslin from TESTFABRICS and size it with methylcellulose. The
sized fabric is then cut into strips and used as guards.
Good Luck.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695