Re: [BKARTS] RECOMMENDATIONS SOLICITED FOR SANTE FE

Hi Lane,
You'll have a great time here in Santa Fe. Wear comfy shoes and carry a water bottle!
We have a wonderful Book Arts Group and we often have a display up at the Main Library (upstairs gallery), off the downtown Plaza. If I can find my newsletter I'll let you know if we have any special events coming up.

All of these shops are in Sante Fe:

Zago Papers
137 E. Palace Avenue (off the downtown plaza) 505-988-9246

Artisan (2 locations)
717 Canyon Rd. & 2601 Cerillos Rd.  505-988-2179 & 505-954-4179
classes, fine art supplies, good selection of papers downstairs (Canyon Rd. is the main fine art gallery road to walk)
http://www.artisan-santafe.com/index.html

Guadalupe's Fun Rubber Stamps
102 W. San Francisco #11 (upstairs) off the Central Plaza 505-982-9862
www.funrubberstamps.com
Day of the Dead, Our Lady of Guadalupe, Kokopelli, etc. Classes. Owned by a Book Arts Group member.

Doodlet's Shop
120 Don Gaspar Ave at Water  505-983-3771
Great small stuff for AB's & assemblage - Day of the Dead, Frida Kahlo, Tarot cards, Mexican stuff (a must visit fun shop, also off the central plaza)

Glorianna's Fine Crafts
55 W. Marcy (a block north of the central plaza)    505-982-0353
Beads & jewelry supplies

Beauty & The Beads
939 W. Alameda St (New Solana Center)   505-982-5234
Beads & jewelry supplies, classes
beads@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Garcia Street Book Store
near Canyon Road
has a small display of artist made books

Museums
http://www.museumofnewmexico.org/
click on "Museums & Monuments" in the top banner
(I especiallly like the Folk Arts Museum)

Aug 27 - 29
Artist's Materials Expo
Sweeney Convention Center
201 West Marcy Street
a great annual event of manufacturers showing and demo'ing products, great prices, workshops
sponsored by Artisans, see their website for more info: www.artisan-santafe.com

Lots of shops around the Plaza have handmade, artist made arts, crafts, clothing and jewelry. Pick up the local papers, including the free ones, for current listings for shows.

Have fun!
Christine,
Santa Fe, NM
you can e-mail me for more info if you want.
bagswereusel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings,

In a couple of weeks I will be visiting Santa Fe for a long weekend.
I would appreciate any suggestions for points of interest, including all
things book related, especially Artists Books, and paper related, including
shopping opportunities!

Many thanks,

Lane

Spring[binding]Hath Sprung