Re: [BKARTS] RECOMMENDATIONS SOLICITED FOR SANTE FE

Gallery Zipp is indeed a cool place, and one of my favorite local
galleries, I didn't include it on my previous list because it is in
Glorieta, about a 1/2 hour drive out of Santa Fe, and then up a dirt
road - it can be a little hard to find as there are no signs.  There is
nothing else out there to see, so it does take a big chunk of time if
you are just here for the weekend and want to squeeze in as much as you
can. It is usually open weekends or by appointment - the gallery is an
old building on the same land the artist/owners live on.

The current show is "Animal, Vegetable, Mystical", a multi-media
invitational (Jill's friend Patricia Chapman is in it too).  Their
phone # is 505-757-6428.  The show opens this weekend and runs through
August 30.  Definitely a cool place, great setting in open fields
backing up against national forest land but it tends to be a good half
day you can count on just doing that.  They often have book art shows
but I don't know about this show, it is mixed, you could call to find
out though.

Christine,
Santa Fe

My dear friend Patricia Chapman lives in Santa Fe and shows her
assemblages
at a gallery called Gallery Zipp which carries artist's books and
related
items.  You can get details by going to her website,
www.thepatstudio.com,
and clicking on Exhibitions and News.
Jill Littlewood

In a couple of weeks I will be visiting Santa Fe for a long weekend. I would appreciate any suggestions for points of interest, including all things book related, especially Artists Books, and paper related, including shopping opportunities! Many thanks, Lane

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                  ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004