[BKARTS] (no subject)

I work at a shelter for homeless families and I would like to make a book
with the women who live there based on the idea of "I am..."  The community of
women that I work with is culturally diverse, economically challenged, but with
stories to tell!  How do I get them to open up and share their ideas?    I'd
like them to approach the pages in their own way, either by writing, drawing,
collaging...however they feel the most comfortable.  The book is not going to
be sold but hopefully will be exhibited.  I understand I will need to get
written authorizations from the women but what I'm really interested in right now
is how to approach them with this idea.  Has anyone done a similar project??
I'd love to hear about it.
Thank you so much.

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004