[BKARTS] Paper and light

Hello All,

I'm trying to find one more student for my class at the women's Studio
Workshop just north of NYC August 20-22.

Here's the blurb... Pass it along to anyone you feel might be interested.

Thanks!!

Helen Hiebert

Dear Helen,
Thank you for working on drumming up some participants for your workshop.
I'm not sure why it's hard to fill.  I just sent out an email to our list
about a few workshops that I especially want to urge folks not to allow to
"get away", and I included yours on the list.  Mara did sign up; we haven't
yet heard from Nita.
I will paste a potential email (mostly your class description) for you to
send out into the bottom of this email.  Please let me know if there's
anything else at all I can do.
Sincerely,
Carrie

Women's Studio Workshop's summer class schedule is out, and classes are
filling up!

Don't miss the August 20th - 22nd workshop at Women's Studio Workshop with
Helen Hiebert, Paper Illuminatred: Creating Innovative Structures that
Capture Light.

In this workshop, participants will create a variety of paper lamps and
lanterns. We will start with simple paper-folding, advance to paper panels
which cover traditional wire lampshade frames, and proceed to more complex
structures involving armatures of balsa wood, reed and other natural
materials. We will make votive covers, shadow lanterns, chochin (collapsible
Japanese-style paper lanterns) and more. Structures will range from
traditional forms to organic shapes -- each participant will create a set of
unique objects. We will talk about various natural and electric options for
working with paper and light and look at other illuminated paper projects,
such as screens and window treatment and making models for large sculpture
if time permits.

Women's Studio Workshop's intimately scaled workshops are designed to offer
experiences to support your artistic life through intense immersion in
studio techniques and opportunities to develop the content of your work
within a supportive community.  Each workshp enrolls just four to eight
participants, providing you with an experience that feels less like a class
and more like a forum for sharing ideas between peers.  Women's Studio
Workshop is located 90 miles north of Manhattan in the beautiful mid-Hudson
River Valley of New York.  WSW's studios are housed in a 100-year-old
mercantile building that has been renovated to accommodate facilities in
papermaking, printmaking, photography, book arts, and ceramics.  Please
visit www.wsworkshop.com for more information or email Carrie Scanga, WSW's
Program Director, at carrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cost: $380 members; $400 non-members + $35 materials fee

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004