[BKARTS] [Fwd: ?Removing mustiness from old journals]

This is from the reference librarians list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: ?Removing mustiness from old journals
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:01:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: AGies77729@xxxxxxx
To: STUMPERS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I thought it was on this list that I had seen a remedy for the musty
smell of journals or books stored perhaps in a too-damp location, but I
have not found it in the archives. We've received a gift of 2 boxes of
such journals that are a title we would really like to keep. They are
not (obviously) moldy or mildewy but have that smell. Is there some
fumigant that will dissipate the smell without being dangerous for
people to breathe or bad for the paper? Thanks for any suggestions -

Anna Gieschen, WHSIC, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

-- JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764 77501-Cancun Q. Roo Mexico http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts/robot.htm

http://www.newsroom-l.net

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                  ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004