[BKARTS] Bounce sheets and other alternatives

I can't use these things for anything, because the smell drives me
nuts and triggers a migraine.
However, I have a friend who is an elementary school  teacher and
swears by them-- I don't know about dissolving soap scum, but all
that anti-static stuff is true.  They are magic for picking up
spilled glitter during those "working with children around the
holiday" projects.

And even more convenient is that they work better *after* they have
been used-- so to save them from the drier when they are but a shell
of what they were before makes it even more attractive, perhaps? I
don't know. Oh, and they don't have to be "Bounce"-- any drier sheet
will do, I think.

Now when I have a  really moldy book, (and realize I haven't worked
with anything of real value here yet,) I just throw it in the freezer
for a couple of days. Why is that bad, because I'm sure it is...
-Jenny

I recently received a suggestion about interleaving with Bounce, the sheets
some use in the drier with clothes, to remove odors. I haven't tried this,
and I don't know if there is a Bounce without the perfume smell.  Perhaps it
just replaces the smell with another. I will paste in the entire list since
I can't send an attachment.  Maybe some of the other comments will be of
interest.
 Signa

BOUNCE DRYER SHEETS

It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them.

It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too
often.

Repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when
outdoors during mosquito season.

Eliminates static electricity from your television screen. Since Bounce
is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen
with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.

Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.

Freshen the air in your home. Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a
drawer or hang in the closet.

Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through sheet of
Bounce before beginning to sew.

Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty
luggage before storing.

Freshen the air in your car. Place a sheet of Bounce under the front
seat.

Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with
water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The antistatic agent
apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.

Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of
the wastebasket.

Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will
magnetically attract all the loose hairs.

Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a
sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.

Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce
will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.

Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at
the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or
sneakers overnight.

Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.