Re: [BKARTS] rippled or warped pages

Alex,

Two experiences with this problem.  One: a large quarto w/paper cover,
dry when it went into the press.  It stayed there for about six months
and came out flat and (so far, after nearly 20 years) has remained flat
(belongs to my wife and she'd tell me if it was rippled again...!)

Two: 17" square 'Plan for New York City: Manhattan' 80+ pages.  It came
into the lab about 15 years ago; the front cover and 38 pages had become
damp/rippled but were dry by the time I had it in hand.  After a couple
of months in the press it was flat and remained so for a time.

Time passed; still waiting for the client to come in to collect (and pay
for) the job.

The cover remains flat; the first 38 pages are, once again, slightly rippled.

I blame the paper. :-)

Jack

(snip)I put them in the press and clamped down good and hard, they've been
there a couple days like that. No change so far. Do I just need to wait
longer? Any other tricks?
>Thanks,
>Alex
>www.transientbooks.com