[BKARTS] DMC Embroidery Floss for binding?

Hi all,

I'm a newcomer in the bookbinding world - and I'm so happy to have found
this list! :)

I have been working on journals using the Coptic binding techniques, and
I'm wondering if I can use the nice DMC floss I see at my craft store
for the thread? They come in so many great colors, and they're 100%
cotton (and colorfast!). I thought of rubbing them with beeswax to make
it easier to work with... Has anyone used these, and if so, do you use
all 6 threads? Is there a reason why I *shouldn't* be using this type of
floss?

Many thanks in advance,
Lynn Cyr

 eMail Privacy Protected by QuarantineMail
(http://www.quarantinemail.com)
 Licensed to: lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004