Re: [BKARTS] DMC Embroidery Floss for binding?

Lynn,

We have used DMC floss many times for special projects involving
Japanese style stab sewing. The number colors available are
astounding!

We have always used all 6 strands - in fact, we sometimes twist two
of the 6 strands together for added bulk and visibility of the sewing
design.

I see no reason you couldn't use fewer than 6. It would only weaken
the strength by whatever percentage of floss strands you remove.

Have fun sewing.

Gregor Campbell
Campbell-Logan Bindery, Inc.

Hi all,

I'm a newcomer in the bookbinding world - and I'm so happy to have found
this list! :)

I have been working on journals using the Coptic binding techniques, and
I'm wondering if I can use the nice DMC floss I see at my craft store
for the thread? They come in so many great colors, and they're 100%
cotton (and colorfast!). I thought of rubbing them with beeswax to make
it easier to work with... Has anyone used these, and if so, do you use
all 6 threads? Is there a reason why I *shouldn't* be using this type of
floss?

Many thanks in advance,
Lynn Cyr

 eMail Privacy Protected by QuarantineMail
(http://www.quarantinemail.com)
 Licensed to: lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004