Re: [BKARTS] identifying typefaces

Jet,

FYI, I don't know about Palatino, But Bodoni is a Roman type, as is Caslon,
Goudy, Baskerville, etc.  Look for a good specimen book to identify the type
faces.

If you e-mail a picture, more likely than not I can tell you type style it
is.

Some type characters have different names for the same face because they were
made by different foundries. A good example of this is Belaire. By another
manufacturer is was call Park Avenue.  The same can be said of Stymie and
Rockwell.

Regards,

Ed
http://www.bookrestoration.net/