Re: [BKARTS] Alberta College of Art and Design

Hi Natalie

I am currently in Australia, and have recently received a scholarship to study at Alberta College of Art and Design from January 2005.

I live in Alberta, although 3 hours north of Calgary. There are several stores that sell wonderful papers and there are classes in the city. Once you arrive in Calgary you'll find your sources if you ask the students that have been there more than a year. "Mona Lisa" is one store that comes to mind for the incredible papers they carry. Here's a few more art stores. Of course we have Michael's, where you can buy any other craft material under the sun.

Mona Lisa Artist Material
1518 - 7th St SW
Calgary, AB
Phone: 403-228-3618

Colours Artist Supplies
1340 - 16 Ave NW
Calgary, AB
Phone: 403-289-1633

ProGraphics
128 - 50th Ave SE
Calgary, AB
Phone: 403-253-0992

Recently I took a bookbinding course  and found a new source (for me at
least) of bookbinding materials.
I met a young book artist/supplier  by the name of Lisa Isley who now
carries an incredible amount of papers, binders tools, Davey board,
Eska, marbled papers, glue, linen thread etc.
Her company is called "In a Bind"
Here is her new web site.
http://www.members.shaw.ca/inabind/

There is a complete list of supplies at Lisa's web site:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/inabind/index_files/Page1125.htm

She will even come to your house and  have a "binding party"
Contact her at:
< inabind@xxxxxxx>

margaret of tofield
alberta