[BKARTS] Book Artists

I am a Graduate Student at the University of Maryland
in the Master of Library Science Program. I am also a
letterpress printer of five years.  I am in a class
this summer that focuses on the information behaviors,
needs, and preferences of user groups.  One of our
projects is to conduct a survey with a particular user
group. The user group I have chosen is Book Artists.
Since I will soon be a Special Collections Librarian
who hopes to collect artists' books, the following
survey will help me to understand where Book Artists
look for information, and how I, as a librarian, can
make searching for information more accessible and
easier.

The following survey will only take a few minutes. I
would deeply appreciate your assistance with my
project. Your answers will remain confidential. Also,
please email me off the listserve at:

alliquam@xxxxxxxxx
or
aquam@xxxxxxx

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Allison Quam
Graduate Assistant II
Department of English
University of Maryland

Book Artist Survey

1.What is your particular skill as a Book Artist?
(Pick all that apply; delete those that do not)

Letterpress Printer
Bookbinder
Calligrapher
Illustrator (Relief, Intaglio, etc.)
Paper-maker
Other (please specify)

2.Do you have an occupation other than Book Arts? What
is the occupation?

3.When you search for information about Book Arts,
where do you look?

Please choose one of the following numbers for each
source: 1 through 5 or N/A, where 1 is Not Useful, and
5 is Extremely Useful.

Email      1      2       3        4        5   N/A
Website/s  1      2       3        4        5   N/A
Colleague  1      2       3        4        5   N/A
Library    1      2       3        4        5   N/A
Bookstore  1      2       3        4        5   N/A
Other      1      2       3        4        5   N/A

4. How many times do you consult these sources for
information about Book Arts? Please pick one of the
following for each source: Daily, Weekly, Monthly,
Yearly, Less than Yearly.

Email:     Daily  Weekly  Monthly    Yearly   Less
Website/s: Daily  Weekly  Monthly    Yearly   Less
Colleague: Daily  Weekly  Monthly    Yearly   Less
Library:   Daily  Weekly  Monthly    Yearly   Less
Bookstore: Daily  Weekly  Monthly    Yearly   Less
Other:     Daily  Weekly  Monthly    Yearly   Less

5. If you use the library to find information, does
that library have a collection of Artists Books?

6.If the library does collect Artists' Books, do you
look at them: (please pick all that apply)

For ideas for your own projects
For research on a particular artist
To see what other Book Artists are working on
Other (Please Specify)

7. What journals do you consult in regards to your
Book Arts projects?

8. In order to look at the journals, do you:(Pick all
that apply)

Go to the library
Have a subscription
Other (please specify)

9.Are there any other journals that you would like to
consult for your projects?

10. What Websites do you consult? (Please pick all
that apply)

Book Artists' Organizations
Book Centers
Bookstores
Online Supply Stores
Libraries
Other (Please Specify)

11. Are there are any Websites that you would like to
see developed?

Thank you.