Re: [BKARTS] American Decorated Publishers' Bindings 1872-1929

Following a slew of inquiries about whether an online version would exist
or a catalog would be for sale, I have posted a preview of the exhibition

http://minsky.com/gallery.htm

and one page of the catalog/essay at
http://minsky.com/garden-of-allah.htm

That page is titled Book Art: The Hollywood Connection, and addresses some
of Amy's issues about how you tell the date of a publisher's binding (or
how you can't tell sometimes).

Eventually a paper catalog will be for sale. It may not be for a year or
more, depending on whether all the titles are as pernicious as this one. If
I had my druthers I'd just charge for page views and let everyone print
their own, but I don't have software for that.  If anyone knows how to do
that, please post the info, as it would be a great help to book artists
everywhere! I know it's possible, as it's done by nytimes.com and others.

--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung