From: Linda Stinchfield <lindas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Drilling for stab binding
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 08:25:52 -0700

Hello all,

I'm in the process of making my 4th-ever handmade book, this one with a
stab
binding, and the directions in Shareen LaPlatz's book say to use a drill
press to drill the holes. The pages are ordinary printer paper and ink-jet
vellum, 50/50, bulk about 5/8". The boards are Davy (sp?) board, covered
with paste paper. My husband (owner of the drill press and not as impulsive
as I) wants to know if we need a special kind of drill bit. Does anyone
know
if an ordinary drill bit will chew up the paper?

Many thanks for any help,
Linda

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004