[BKARTS] Letterpress Instruction at Archetype Press, Pasadena

 This fall, through Art Center at Night, I will begin offering a course
titled Digital Letterpress. This will be held at Archetype Press from
its new location at Art Center College of Design's new South Campus at
950 S. Raymond Avenue in Pasadena. This will be a fourteen week class
held on Tuesday afternoon from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.

Digital Letterpress will examine letterpress printing with digital
type and the photopolymer plate process. I have previously taught this
course at
Otis College of Art and Design.

I will also be offering my ongoing course Finer Points in Letterpress
Typography on Tuesday nights from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

Archetype Press houses Los Angeles typographer Vernon Simpson's
considerable collection of metal type. Eight Vandercooks are available
for student use.

The Fall term begins on September 13 and runs to December 18.
Registration begins August 9 and ends September 3.

Enrollment is limited to ten students per class.
Phone: 626-396-2319
www.artcenter.edu/atnight

Gerald Lange
The Bieler Press