Re: [BKARTS] Printing for eternity

Chris,

Well, the Dead Sea scrolls do go a ways back, but the scrolls and
scroll fragments are rather small and were written on animal skin
which is subject to many environmental effects.

You're right about aluminum foil not being a good support, for the
long term; nor is gold foil.

If the gold foil is pure the pages may well blend into each other over
time; if blended with copper, for instance, or silver, it will become
brittle over time (thousands of years, right?)

examples of writing) was inscribed on clay which was then hotted up
and converted into pottery.  It has survived for some 5,000 years.
So far.

And that brings me to another point.  Sumerian is no longer a widely
read language.

Why assume that English (or any other modern language) will be understood
some few thousand years hence?

WAIT!  That gives me an idea.  Make a book of clay tablets where the text
(and illustrations?) consists of binary dots-dashes.

Hmmnn....

Jack

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick