Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 8 Aug 2004 to 9 Aug 2004 (#2004-216)

Sukey,

You're absolutely right that Arrowmont is  a great  place to take a
course.  I have been teaching there for many moons and feel it is one of
the best venues for both teachers and students.  Their library, gallery,
bookstore and supply store are great assets. And, the support staff
under director  David Willard is the best.  You may have seen the
collection of life cast hands of current and  past directors  and
representative artists in different  medium  with their tools of their
trade in the library.  That was my contribution to their 50th
anniversary a few years back.  I had made  arrangements  last year for
Australian  book artist  Adele Outteridge to teach while  I was there.
There is a concerted effort by Arrowmont  to afford the best
opportunities  to students  who take their classes.  Another advantage
is the commaraderie between all teachers, students and staff.. So good
to hear your comments.

JMP Atelier
Joan Michaels Paque

Sukey wrote:

Hello

I read the digest but dont post often.
I just took a class with Carol Barton  at Arrowmont in Gatlinburg
Tn.(www.arrowmont.org)
It was a wonderful class in a great place.
We learned pop-up techniques and got a preview of Carol's new book. It will
be very hands on and like all her projects very well thought out. I can wait
to see it.
What a treat to make books with someone I have admired on-line
Sukey

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                  ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004