[BKARTS] wax on paper

I recently attended a workshop on Coptic binding, in which we used waxed linen
thread for the sewing.  As I was transporting the books after the workshop,
they got hot and the wax from the thread has apparently melted and left greasy
stains on some of the endpapers and inside some of the signatures.  I've
already learned my lesson about letting the books get too warm, but is there
any way to remove the stains from the paper?  Thank you in advance for any
suggestions.

--Amy Self

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004