[BKARTS] Bargains ungalore

    I attended Frank Lehmann's recent vaunted auction of brass finishing
tools on EBAY yesterday.  I, a tyro and penurious to boot, thought I
might be able to pick up some bargain decorative wheels and fillet
wheels, something to counter the numbing prices at Talas.  No chance.  I
was blown out of the water--- the bidding took off into the
stratosphere, fueled, I suspect, by seedy professional bookbinding
types.  Up into the hundreds of dollars, all for a three inch wheel of
brass.
    Don't they make these things somewhere in China or Indonesia?  If
the marketplace really operates in a free and unrestrained manner, why
can't we find brass finishing tools  at Walmart?

Jet Wimp
Philadelphia, PA  19139

Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.  The owner pulled a wheel
from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the
back counter.
 But they are identical, the owner protested.
 No, Magritte insisted.  This ones been stared at.

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004