Re: [BKARTS] wax on paper

Amy,
I have had good success with an iron and blotting paper to remove most of the wax from paper especially if it is beeswax. The stain left by pollen might be harder to claen off however.
Dave
At 08:55 PM 8/10/04 -0400, you wrote:
>I recently attended a workshop on Coptic binding, in which we used waxed linen
>thread for the sewing.  As I was transporting the books after the workshop,
>they got hot and the wax from the thread has apparently melted and left greasy
>stains on some of the endpapers and inside some of the signatures.  I've
>already learned my lesson about letting the books get too warm, but is there
>any way to remove the stains from the paper?  Thank you in advance for any
>suggestions.
>
>--Amy Self

David Allen
840 Snowdrop Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia
CANADA  V8Z 2N4
(250) 888-9380
http://www.webvictoria.com/beddall

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you
may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.
John Quincy Adams, 1767 - 1848

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004