[BKARTS] backing cloth

Hello all,
try as i might, i have failed to find a decent tutorial online on how to back regular cloth for use as book cloth for a book cover.  When i took a bookbinding class a while back, i remember our teacher used some sort of thin paper (i want to say it was a type of Japanese paper) and some sort of paste to adhere the paper to the cloth.  When dry, the person binding the book was able to use it like regular book cloth to make covers.  Is there anyone who can steer me in the right directions of the process and materials i need to accomplish this?

thanks in advance,
kat

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004