Re: [BKARTS] Plexiglas and Adhesive

Bill,

In the UK this is known as "Perspex" and is a methyl methacrylate.
I use it for insulating radio frequency components such as coils.   I
take some filings or drill chips and dissolve them in chloroform -
obviously one should not breath too deeply, but do it where there is
ventilation! -  in a small screw top bottle until I have a solution that is
about the consistency of egg white.   This is then applied with a brush
or spatula, but it dries quickly as the solvent evaporates.

Hope that helps

Rodney Fry,
Crowthorne,
Berks,
England

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Message sent with PegasusMail 4.21B
System W98 4.10.2222A 2nd Edn on ABIT KR7A-RAID,
McAfee VirusScan v5.21, Mozilla v1.7 browser
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004