Re: [BKARTS] More decorated publishers' bindings

Hi Minsky, that was a really nice party, the books looked beautiful. I was so glad to hear about your archive placement. Couldn't be better. I had fun talking to George Brazillier. He's so nice, I was always too inhibited to talk to him before but I felt a need to talk to him about my Alice project because he probably has some very wise, realistic feedback for me and I need it. Your place looked great too, it's amazing what you have done there. See you soon, Mindy

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Richard Minsky
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 3:22 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] More decorated publishers' bindings

I've added a few more pix to the online gallery, including two versions of
Margaret Armstrong's design for The Transfiguration of Miss Philura, and
the astounding unsigned binding on the 1896 Brentano's deluxe 2-volume
edition of Fothergill's The First Violin. If anyone knows more about this
design than is in the notes on its attribution, I'd love to hear. It's at

http://minsky.com/pub-dec-other.htm
--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com