Re: [BKARTS] rebinding a broken paperback binding

> >Which brings me to this query:
> >My next "big" investment will be in a finishing press.

> I've seen home made versions that make use of carriage bolts
> and wing nuts.  Google image search shows this one

Instructions for making a variety of finishing presses using carriage bolts
or threaded rod and wing nuts, or antique clamps if you have them, on my
site:
http://bookweb.sunpig.com/equipment/wkpress.htm

Two important things if making such a press yourself:
1.  Make sure the grain of the wood all runs the same way, so if things warp
slightly they "cup" one another
2.  Make sure the cheeks are *absolutely even* before drilling for your
threaded rods

Abi
abi@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com