Re: [BKARTS] Black Cloth Tests

Laura, thanks for the info. For a little more info about black cloth, I
have found the Japanese Asahi cloth very nice to use. Though smooth, it
has a nice texture. Though I haven't done any scientific (or
unscientific) testing of the fabric, my experience with it is all
positive. It looks good on old and new books alike, and I love the look
of it on a book with a 1/4 leather binding using this fabric for the
boards. It also comes in a deep burgundy/purple color and a green I
think. Anyway, if you haven't tried it, order a yard from Talas. Here's
the link (scroll down to the Asahi AA cloth):

http://nt.bnt.com/talas/menu.html?category=132