Re: [BKARTS] Behind the plough

--NJGMHbdHdKYJHARJPVGKIQNMRWJLeZ Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 02:14:27 -0400 From: Greg Clapp <greclapp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Behind the plough MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Amy,
Sounds like you are looking for an excuse to buy more equipment!  :o)

Well...yes...of course! :-)

How about putting the book in a press with just a bit showing then use a
wood chisel (very sharp and not one someone has used to open paint cans) or
plane blade to remove glue.

I had thought of those as cheap intermediaries. Has anyone actually done this?

Take it easy with Calvin and Hobbes. I grimace every time my grandchildren
start thumbing through my copies.

Honestly, I'd rather have a copy with a broken binding due to near constant reading than to have one that's pristine because it hasn't been touched.

I'll be sure to practice on the Capt'n Underpants book first before
touching C & H, though. :-)

---Amy West

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                  ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004