[BKARTS] art exhibit in Washington DC

Is anyone in the Washington DC area planning to visit the up-coming show on
Claude (Claudine) Raguet Hirst (American,1855-1942) at the National Museum
of Women in the Arts, October 15-December 19, 2004)??

The members' magazine for fall just arrived at my house with some stunning
examples of a series of still life paintings she did which often included
old books done in minute detail.  Yikes! You can read the print on the
pages.  No wonder she only painted three pictures a year.  I checked the
museum web site which has an announcement of a web feature on the
exhibition not yet ready for viewing.  Since I happen to be very fond of
still life paintings I will order the catalog on the basis of what is in
the magazine, but those with a fondness for books in the DC area might want
to saunter on over to the museum this fall.  I'd appreciate a report.
 Dorothy Africa

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                  ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004