From: "Christian Spinillo" <letpress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 1:07 PM
Subject: Re: Inkjet printer

Mimi,

One thing to consider about the 4000 is the ink capacity.  The ink
cartridges are much larger than the 2200 and thus cost less money over the
long run than the 2200.  My teacher recently got his 4000 and compared it
to his 2200 and estimates that he will have made up close to the
difference in cost in ink cost savings in one year.  This is all based on
how much you print though, if this is a once a month, 4 page thing, then
run with the 2200 and you can always buy roll paper for it.  If it's going
to be a significant number of print jobs, definitely consider the 4000.

Also, the 4000 comes with a bunch of free extras, one of which is a RIP
which isn't that bad.

You are definitely right to stay with Epson though as their inks provide
the longest permanance out of any printer.

Christian

P.S. YOu could always spend 35k on a IXIA, formerly known as Iris
printing :)