Re: [BKARTS] Hot melt equipment

Silver MayKitten wrote:

If the binding machine doesn't appropriately roughen the spine
before applying the adhesive, this can be true.

But as I understand it, adhesive-bound books, properly manufactured, are about as durable as sewn books. Is that true?

I have to admit that my situation is publishing specialty text
books for the 3YO preschool through grade 12 market and runs
are as small as half a dozen copies (Produced by a Doccutek,)
to 20,000 copys produced by offset or belt press.

From my days as a publicist for Sterling (where I handled the first commercial American edition of the Guinness Book of World Records), children's text books, like library editions, are usually designed to higher standards than most trade books. Is that the case with your bindings?

-- JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764 77501-Cancun Q. Roo Mexico Cancun User's Guide 2005 http://www.lulu.com/jules

http://www.newsroom-l.net/blog