[BKARTS] Publishers' Bindings Online Goes Live!

I am pleased to  announce that the first version of the Publishers'
Bindings Online database is now accessible through our website,
bindings.lib.ua.edu

By clicking on "search the collection", you will have access to the
database, which currently contains 377 records (images and rich
metadata) selected from the library holdings of the University of
Alabama and the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Information about the project, along with some other materials such as a
bibliography and biographical information on bindings designers are also
available at the site.

The database will be updated on a regular basis in the coming months,
with more records being added continuously.  Additionally, more research
and teaching materials will soon be available from the website.  Please
visit often!

We hope you enjoy this first version of the PBO database.  We welcome
your comments and questions.  Please contact us at bindings@xxxxxxxxxxx,
or through the comment form on the site.

Thank you!

Jessica Lacher-Feldman,
PBO Project Manager

--
Jessica Lacher-Feldman
Public & Outreach Services Coordinator/Asst. Prof.

                 Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>