Re: [BKARTS] hot stamping press problem

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of The
Center for Book Arts
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 2:32 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] CBA 30th Anniversary Benefit

We are pleased to announce The Center for Book Arts' 30th Anniversary
Benefit scheduled for Wednesday, April 6, 2005, in conjunction with the
annual International Edible Books Festival. The evening celebration promises
to be exciting. Literary Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served but
that is not all.  We will feast on the delicious edible books created by
artists who have been paired with chefs. It will be a night to remember.

It has been a long time since the Center has organized a benefit. Please
help us again by agreeing to serve on the Patron Society.  There are various
levels at which to participate:  Taster tickets are $75 per person.  Gourmet
tickets are $125 per person.  Epicure tickets are $250 per person.
Connoisseur tickets are $500 per person.  Eatery Club Sponsorship levels are
also available--$1,500 for 4 tickets and $2,500 for 8.  All pre-purchased
ticket buyers will be listed on the invitation and acknowledged at the
Benefit.

To help us to ceremoniously consume these one-of-kind edible books on the
night of the Benefit celebration, please join the 30th Anniversary Patron
Society. Tickets are limited, so please secure your pre-purchase tickets
now.  Simply call the Center to order by phone by March 1, 2005.

Your donation will support the Center's important educational and outreach
efforts to keep traditional bookmaking practices alive and well, and thus,
to the extent of the law, your donation is tax-deductible.  Please join us
at any level and enjoy this scrumptious evening of delicious books, as well
as being part of the Center's 30th Anniversary history.

Additionally, if you are an artist who would like to create an edible book,
please download the Edible Books Call for Entries Form from our website or
call Amanda Stevenson at the Center at (212) 481-0295.

We look forward to your participation at this mouth-watering event!

Cordially,

Benefit Event Committee: Beatrice Coron, Roni Gross, Christina Livesey,
Alisoun Meehan, Janice Pono, Benjamin Rinehart, Anina Rosen, Arlene Tucker,
and Marjorie Wilner

Our large Kensol hot stamping press, model L35, has stopped heating up. I think we need to have it reconditioned. I can think of three places I might check out (American Graphic Arts, Schaefer, Paul Brubaker). I'm curious if any of you have had this problem or have an idea who is the most experienced or practical for me to approach to repair it? -- Thanks, Mindy