Re: [BKARTS] Barbara Henry's Letterpress II class at CBA

More on Barbara Henry: Just a note to say that Barbara Henry has an
article in the current edition of THE LION AND THE UNICORN (January,
2005), 29:1, "Why I like to set type by hand." This special issue of one
of the crown jewels of children's literary criticism is devoted to the
theme of what the editors call "handmade literacies," and focuses on the
pedagogy of the personal, handmade book as an alternative to standardized
literacy. Other pieces of possible interest to book artists, book arts
critics and historians, and the general constituency of this group, by
Andrea Immel, Roberta Sabuda, Jack Gantos, Philip Pullman.  THE LION AND
THE UNICORN is published by Johns Hopkins University Press and can be
accessed electronically via Project Muse (no irony intended).

Michael Joseph
Visiting Associate Professor
School of Communication, Information and Library Studies
4 Huntington Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901