Re: [BKARTS] Any experience with wide format Epsons?

I love my Epson 4000. It replaces my 1280 (with pigment inks and a continuous ink system), which replaced my 3000, which replaced my 1520.

The dot pattern is barely visible even with a loupe, it feeds nicely (especially once I learned to bypass some of its paper handling “features”), the 110 or 220 ml cartridges are economical. I have seen 3rd party pigmented ink cartridges available at greater savings, but I have not tried them.

I got some custom profiles (software) written by Inkjet Mall/Cone Editions to match the ink to the papers I use most (Mohawk Superfine cover and Hahnemuhle Photo Rag) and using the profiles I can get accurate color, including very close to a neutral gray printing grayscale images with the color inks.

I have not purchased it yet, but with the Colorburst RIP, this printer will print longer than the 44” limit that is standard with Epson desktop printers.

One problem with the printer: it will not print on paper smaller than 8 1/2 x 11. The savings on ink may compensate for the wasted paper, I’m not sure.

Try Digitalartsupplies.com for good prices on inks and paper.

Karen

--
Karen Hanmer
karen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx