Re: [BKARTS] Any experience with wide format Epsons?

The large format printers are fantastic and I'm holding out to buy one
until they release the new models.  The present a great deal of plusses
over their smaller counterparts, mainly the ink cost.

While it's a larger inital investment up front, they last far longer over
time and will undoubtably be made up if you do enough printing.

I'll get another resource for color profiling for you tonight as I do not
have it here with me, but they are great and utilize a greytag mcbeth
system that, if desired, can create profiles based on different viewing
conditions (a.k.a Lighting Conditions).

The large format printers are also just great to use for large gang
printing and larger runs.  Having the option for roll paper from 24" and
up just makes sense when you do a great deal of printing.

The 4000 incorporates some newer printing technologies, but essentially,
there is little difference in going from the 2200 to the 10600 in terms of
print quality.  They use the same inks and similar heads.  The dot pattern
being barely noticable is more due to using an matte paper than anything
else.  I would suspect if you use a glossy paper, the dots would be more
noticable.

If you can swing the cash, they are most definitely the way to go.  The
canned printing software for the 7600 is generally fine provided you do
your profiling correctly.  The 4000, as stated below, needs a rip to do
over 44".

Christian