[BKARTS] A Call for Entries or Entrees – It’s Time to Think About Edible Books!

The Los Angeles Book Arts Center invites book artists and book lovers of  ALL
AGES to cook up a literary feast for our annual Edible Book Tea Party on
Saturday, April 2, 2005.
There is NO FEE to create an edible book or to attend this fun-filled  event,
which will be held on Saturday, April 2, at Plummer Park in West  Hollywood.
Everyone who’s interested – book artists, book lovers, foodies,  children –
is invited to participate by cooking up a book out of ingredients  that can be
found in any grocery store.
Our purpose is to celebrate books – there is no competition or judging,  just
the joy of creating your own book and taking in the imagination of your
fellow book lovers. Last year, our youngest participant was 5 years old – a
testament to the inspiration that books have on our lives – and if she can do  it,
so can you!
There’s still plenty of time to join in the fun, and to help and inspire
participants, we’ll be sending out weekly updates and tips on creating edible
books.
TIP FOR WEEK 1
For example, to get those creative juices flowing – think about your
favorite books.
* Are they novels? Biographies? Romances? Mysteries?
* Or, are your very favorites the books you shared with your whole  family?
* Which book had a significant impact on your life?
* Who is your favorite literary character?
In the coming weeks, we’ll help you narrow your favorites to one  particular
book, explore how to “cook your book” – how to pick the character,  scene or
theme to illustrate in food, and look at the best food options for  making an
edible book that looks and tastes great!
READY TO JOIN US?
Whether you’re thinking about bring an entry, or just want to join the
celebration, here’s more information on the Edible Book Tea Party and a sign-up
form, if you’re already planning to bring an entry on April 2 (don’t worry,  we’
ll include the form each week with our updates and give you a way to register
 over the phone, as well).
Remember, it’s FREE to enter and attend, though it will help us to know  how
many entries to expect on the day. Thank You!
WHO:  YOU & The Los  Angeles Book Arts Center
WHAT: The Edible Book Tea Party
WHEN:  Saturday, April 2,  2005
WHERE: Plummer Park Recreation Center, 7377 Santa Monica Blvd., West
Hollywood
WHY: To have fun and celebrate the book in all its entertaining and
delicious forms!
EVENT DETAILS:  Set-up  for participants with edible books  NOON – 1:30 p.m.
Open  to public viewing  2:00 – 4:00  p.m.
Tea  Party – eat the books!  4:00 – 5:00  p.m.
TO SIGN-UP, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND E-MAIL IT TO
LAGourmet@xxxxxxx
Your Name:
Your E-mail:
(LABAC will not give out your e-mail address or other  information)
Your address:
Your phone:
Title of your entry:
Book & author your entry is based upon:
For  more information, or to register your entry via phone, please contact
Lisa  Deutsch at 310-657-2616, or LAGourmet@xxxxxxxx